Olive: A Look Ahead
Olive powers two distinct use cases
- Interactive Digital Publications – (used by publishers)
- Digital Document Archiving – (primarily used by national libraries)
Interactive Digital Publications (Newspaper and Magazine) Customers
For the last 15 years, Olive has been an industry leader in providing ‘digital replica’ newspapers – transforming print-first content into rich, interactive digital editions that provide a natural bridge between print and digital engagement, especially for subscribers that value a traditional newspaper reading experience.
Our vision for Olive is a re-imagined e-paper – one that provides rich, personalized reading and engagement experiences. By combining the latest in AI, Voice, and Mobile technologies, Olive will provide subscribers with content that is highly relevant, in a format that is convenient and easy to consume.
We will reinvent Olive first as a truly cloud-native solution, taking advantage of best-in-class cloud architecture and services to strengthen quality, reliability, and ease of maintenance of the platform. From here, we can then easily extend Olive to take advantage of the latest in predictive intelligence, mobile, voice, and analytics capabilities, accelerating Olive to reliably power the next generation of news delivery to subscribers.
There are many benefits this vision will deliver for Olive customers, including:
- Increased engagement: Personalized content and experiences will increase engagement as measured by time on site and articles read.
- Increased retention: Subscriber loyalty will strengthen as they enjoy personalized, flexible access to content, resulting in an increase in retention rates
- Increased audience size: New, personalized consumption models will appeal to younger demographics, resulting in penetration of new audience segments and an overall increase in audience size.
- Lower TCO: As we invest in upgrading Olive with the latest in cloud-enabled technology, overall costs for article segmentation and digitization will fall, allowing us to pass these savings on to our customers.
Digital Document Archiving (Libraries and Colleges):
Legacy Olive management had stopped investing in the Archive solution well before we acquired Olive. Due to this, the Archive solution has had no significant updates for quite some time now. However, we believe that the Archiving use case, especially for supporting historical preservation, and giving people easy access to this content, is important to our future business.
Our vision is to reinvent Olive Archives as a cloud native solution. By doing so, our customers will be able to take advantage of the benefits of a true cloud solution, including:
- Lower cost of ownership for customers currently hosting the solution On-Prem. Eliminate your own hardware and IT services and take advantage of cloud cost efficiencies.
- Scale and performance – Grow your archive sizes confidently without being concerned about hardware or software limitations
- Better user experiences – using the latest UI technologies, we will create great experiences for customers on any device.
- Faster searching – we will upgrade to the latest cloud search technology, which not only performs faster, but is much smarter at understanding search terms
By elevating this already powerful software platform to the cloud, we will continue to build and innovate this critical solution so that it continues to provide users with a compelling critical advantage over the long term.
Over the last decade, we have invested to create the world’s leading Enterprise Performance Acceleration Platform, which has allowed us to develop long-term plans for each of our solutions.
Our goal is to make Infer the most sophisticated and flexible Lead Scoring solution on the market, allowing you to confidently accelerate your sales funnels, regardless of industry, CRM or Marketing Automation Platform.
With a foundational strategy to reinvent Infer’s core architecture into a fully Native Cloud solution, we are able to leverage the best-in-class services available from AWS.
This strategy will enable several key capabilities:
- Optimized Model Accuracy – By utilizing Amazon SageMaker ML services and updated algorithms such as spam lead filtering, we expect models to continue to improve with even more accurate predictions, for a wider variety of datasets. More accurate Lead Scores means more time closing the ‘right’ leads, and less time wasted on the ‘wrong’ ones.
- More Cost Effective Model Refreshes – Instead of today’s time-consuming and expensive model refreshes and rebuilds to maintain accuracy over time, new innovative techniques can be applied to monitor and more effectively tune models. This means model accuracy can be more easily maintained and improved over time.
- Improved Scale & Speed – A lean native-cloud architecture will offer massive improvements in scalability of lead scoring volumes while maintaining or improving the speed of scoring.
In parallel, we are also investing in dramatically broadening the integration choices when it comes to CRM and MAP applications to provide you with ultimate flexibility. These solution areas both contain critical information needed to power Infer, and we intend to be able to support all major vendors in these domains. In addition, our integration strategy will ensure ease of switching, so that as you change CRM or MAP vendors, you can be confident that Infer can provide continuity and interoperability for Predictive Lead Scoring.
The final major element of the vision is broadening support for a wider range of data signals, to increase flexibility for predictive model design and meet the unique needs of each customers’ datasets. With this in place, you can ‘bring your own signal data’, complementing and extending the Infer Signal Data with custom-defined data sources.
One Subscription: Unlimited Solutions
Over the last decade, Ignite has invested to create the world’s leading Enterprise Performance Acceleration Platform. Organized into 6 powerful suites, Ignite’s platform includes over 50 proven software solutions, all of which are offered as a subscription, where as a customer, you have access to every solution in the platform as part of your existing product subscription.
The following solutions are most popular with our Publishing customers:
- News & Market Insights Digests (powered by Synoptos): Consider providing a new benefit to your Subscribers – a curated email news digest with links to your best content. Quickly and easily build and distribute news digests on any schedule you desire, as a new tactic to drive subscriber engagement and promote content.
- Sales Rep Account Accelerator (powered by FirstRain): Your sales department will find this tool valuable, enabling them to stay connected to news and updates about accounts, so they can strengthen relationships and identify new reasons to call and drive sales opportunities.
- Predictive Lead Scoring (powered by Infer): Particularly for publishers with a business audience, this can help drive the sales pipeline by intelligently identifying prospects most likely to buy.
- Subscriber Experience Monitoring (powered by ResponseTek): This is a great solution to proactively identify subscribers at risk of non-renewal, allowing you to take action and reduce churn. This survey tool is also great to identify subscriber perspectives and opportunities to increase engagement and overall experience.
Note: These solutions also have enhancements and future upgrades planned
Continuous Improvement of Core Solution Capabilities
Our team is always working hard to deliver the best customer experience. It is with this focus, that we have completed several recent quality-focused releases, addressing defects in ODN2.1 and the OCM App. Our R&D team also completed an important prototype for additional automation and quality checks to the PDF segmentation process, which will be implemented into our production processes in H1-2020.
We are focused on several areas to help drive value for you today and over the long term. From enhancing the user experience and providing migration assistance to model management and optimization, our team is looking to enhance the overall experience for our customers across the following areas:
- Complete the journey of Great Maint for ODN that we instituted in Q1 2019 with continued obsessive focus on high quality, zero regression maintenance, which we all know was not the reality in 2018 and 1H 2019 when Ignite took over the Olive products.
- Bring all customers to ODN Version 2.1, uplifting experience and allowing us to speed the pace of the Great Maint.
- From the stronger/better platform of v2.1, broaden the usage of our Platinum Skin Configuration Change service, creating enhanced value (lower time to change, more rapid change) for all Platinum customers.
- Complete the process of defining the full set of important architectural and technical decisions required to reinvent both Olive products leveraging key elements of the AWS stack.
- Delivering refactored nightly processing, the Important Technical Decision charted out in 2019, to increase speed and capacity which can create customer benefits of timeliness, quality, and expense.
- In parallel, and for Archive customers specifically, we will explore with several customers a potential accelerating option to fully replace the reader search and user interface component of Archive with Ignite’s web locator solution that provides search engine optimized consumer experience at huge volumes for Ignite’s retail customers (solution powered by Placeable Pages); This focus on the Archive customers specifically will be an extremely refreshing new reality for customers who tell us they have been ignored for years by the legacy Olive team
Our commitment to exceptional quality and highly reliable software remains top of mind for our engineering teams and with this focus, we will continue to enhance and optimize Olive for our customers.
Ignite: Business Software Reinvented
Ignite is part of the ESW Capital Group based in Austin, Texas. We focus on buying, strengthening, and then growing mature business software companies. By taking advantage of our unique operating platform, we revitalize our acquisitions for sustainable success while making customer success a top priority.
Want to learn more about IgniteTech Unlimited?
Did you know you can access and use software from our IgniteTech Unlimited library at no additional cost?
Connect with a client advisor to learn about your IgniteTech Unlimited benefits.
Thank you for being an Ignite customer. The post above contains product roadmap features and enhancements for informational purposes only. Actual product development can, and often does, vary significantly from roadmaps. This post may not be interpreted as any commitment on behalf of progress, and future development, timing and release of any feature or functionality described in this roadmap remains at our sole discretion.