Acorn: A Look Ahead
Our vision for Acorn is to push for innovation that delivers more intelligent and predictive insights and drives more engagement throughout the organization in order to strengthen day to day decision making and maximize profitability. We aim to do this by first leveraging our expertise in reinventing legacy enterprise software to AWS cloud, leveraging the latest in cloud technology to massively improve the scalability, resilience, and security of the software.
This new, cloud native foundation will make Acorn:
- Increased Power and Scalability – By migrating Acorn to the AWS Cloud we will be able to increase the volume and performance of the platform with a massive performance improvement in executing PA5G calculations for any size of customer.
- Cost Efficiencies – A fully cloud native SaaS solution will greatly improve cost efficiencies, especially for on premise customers, eliminating the need for onsite staff and costly SQL Server Licences.
- Arming Your Line Managers With Financial Wisdom – Moving Acorn to the cloud allows us to dramatically improve the quality of the information and availability of financial insights when and where it is needed. We do this by bridging the gap between the CFO upstairs and the front line team members executing on this data set. By eliminating costly and timely barriers between organizational groups, our customers will now be able to make better decisions faster based off of high quality financial data in near real time.
- Ease of Integration – A core element of our cloud reinvention strategy is to standardize technology connectors wherever possible. This creates a huge opportunity to make our products such as Acorn much easier to integrate with other applications that share those same standards, which in turn will unlock additional value for our customers.
By elevating this already powerful software platform to the cloud, we will continue to build and innovate this critical solution so that it continues to provide you with a compelling critical advantage over the long term.
One Subscription: Unlimited Solutions
The Ignite Enterprise Performance Acceleration Platform is organized into 6 powerful suites with more than 50 proven software solutions. All are offered as a subscription, where as a customer, you have access to every solution in the platform as part of your existing single product subscription.
Below, we have provided brief overviews of solutions that are most popular with Acorn users, to take at no additional cost via Ignite’s industry-disruptive Prime Program:
- Executive and Organization News Briefs (powered by Synoptos) – Ensure executive and financial officer awareness and alignment on relevant daily financial activity, to more effectively respond to and create awareness of financial decisions and trends in the industry and internally. This solution enables you to quickly and easily build and distribute digest-style emails containing key news and highlights, along with your own key updates and highlights about your Acorn program.
- Market and Competitive Intelligence (powered by FirstRain) – Eliminate costly manual searching by arming market facing teams with on-demand regional, industry and competitive insights tailored to each role’s area of interests. This allows you to build a smarter enterprise with streamlined, customized market intelligence for teams across your entire organization. Together with the financial insights from Acorn, this can be a game changer for any forward looking business.
- Emergency Notification System (powered by AlertFind) – Help reduce overall organizational risk by implementing a state-of-the-art, mass notification system that allows you to instantly reach every employee on every device in times of crisis or emergency. Streamline and automate the communication and outreach process, saving your organization precious man hours and reducing costly downtime
Continuous Improvement of Core Solution Capabilities
Our team is always working hard to deliver the best customer experience. With this focus, we are making the following updates to Acorn:
- User Interface: We are working on creating a brand new HTML5 based UI and expect to be release this product (PA5G 2020.x).
- TechStack: The upcoming 2020 release (with brand new UI) will also ensure the removal of any technology dependency on Microsoft Silverlight. There is value for companies because internally the product is compliant to company IT policies
- Platform Currency: Certification for MS-SQL 2017 Enterprise platform: Depending on the your use case, there can be some incremental performance gain for data mart calculations and building the cube, that takes advantage MS SQL Server enhancements
- Quality and Stability: Couple dozen bugs (e.g. focusing on stability of installer and data consistency, while updating data through imports).
We are focused on several areas to help drive value for you today and over the long term. From enhancing the user experience and providing migration assistance to model management and optimization, our team is looking to enhance the overall experience for our customers across the following areas:
- Upgrading the User Experience – Our new interface for PA5G, will eliminate previous obstacles related to the out-of-date Silverlight technology. It will provide clients with an enhanced user experience by unlocking the full advantage of Performance Analyzer-5G insights as well as give customers a modern look and feel with improved usability.
- Migrate existing PA5G customers to the latest 2020 Version – Help our current customers by migrating them to the 2020 version so that they can take advantage of all the newest features and upgrades in the latest iteration.
- Help EPS Customer Make the Switch to PA5G- While this is not a “managed upgrade”, we still want to do everything we can to get our Legacy EPS customers to migrate over to PA5G so that they can begin to harness the real power found in the PA5G software platform and get the best return on their investment.
Providing services to assist with model management and optimization: For customers that need help with updating and optimizing models, our Acorn experts can be available with a PSS subscription, enabling our customers with our PSS services option for situations where we can help enable customer success with our services-based expertise.
Ignite: Business Software Reinvented
Ignite is part of the ESW Capital Group based in Austin, Texas. We focus on buying, strengthening, and then growing mature business software companies. By taking advantage of our unique operating platform, we revitalize our acquisitions for sustainable success while making customer success a top priority.
Want to learn more about Ignite Prime?
Did you know you can access and use software from our prime library at no additional cost?
Connect with a client advisor to learn about your Prime benefits!
Thank you for being an Ignite customer. The post above contains product roadmap features and enhancements for informational purposes only. Actual product development can, and often does, vary significantly from roadmaps. This post may not be interpreted as any commitment on behalf of progress, and future development, timing and release of any feature or functionality described in this roadmap remains at our sole discretion.